The Hill Country Cattlewomen gladly offer a college scholarship to college juniors and above who are residents of one of the 14 counties HCCW covers. HCCW hopes to promote the education of agricultural majors or those with agricultural interest. A trade school opportunity has also been added this year. Interested students should read the scholarship guidelines carefully and may find the application and rules below.
Please note the requirements are a little different for the trade school applicants. Please see the application for complete rules.
Scholarship ApplicationDownload PDF Download Doc
Trade School Scholarship ApplicationDownload PDF
- 1. At least one $5,000 scholarship and one $2,500 scholarship will be awarded annually with additional scholarships possible according to funding availability. Scholarship awards are open to all majors including Trade School applicants. Priority will be given to applicants with an agricultural background. Previous HCCW scholarship winners will be considered. Scholarship recipients who’ve received the highest monetary award may apply but will not be eligible for top award. Scholarships will be awarded for Texas Colleges and Universities only.
- 2. Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, and be a resident of one of the following 14 counties: Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Edwards, Gillespie, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Llano, Mason, McCulloch, Menard, Real, or San Saba.
- 3. Applications may be downloaded from our official website. No electronic submissions are accepted. All applicants (excluding Trade School Applicants) should have earned 60 college hours or more and be a college level junior or senior at the time of application. The student must maintain a schedule of 12 hours minimum and a GPA of 2.8. Participation in community and college level activities will be considered. Trade School applicants must submit proof of High School Graduation.
- 4. All applicants (excluding Trade School applicants) must provide: a. A completed Scholarship Application b. A sealed Official Transcript stamped by registrar c. Two recommendations, one of which from your college or university d. Applications must be mailed to Scholarship Chairwoman e. Applications must be postmarked by June 7th
- 5. Recommendation letters shall be submitted in sealed envelope. The collegiate letter must be on University letterhead and submitted in sealed envelope as well. All components of the scholarship application must be submitted in an all-inclusive packet to the Scholarship Chairwoman postmarked on or before deadline date. No separate pieces will be accepted.
- 6. Please do NOT fold any pages in the application. Mail in an 8 ½ X 11 envelope (or larger) by U.S. Postal Carrier.
- 7. Upon receipt of Postmarked application, the Scholarship Chairwoman will contact applicant to verify receipt. An award or denial letter will be sent subsequent to applicant deliberations. Scholarship recipients must accept award by sending a handwritten thank you note accompanied by a photo of recipient (to be used for newspaper announcements and annual fundraiser) by the deadline date indicated in award communication.
- 8. Scholarship funds will be released (contingent upon receipt of the aforementioned items) to the college or university address on the original application, with funds to be used for tuition and fees. The scholarship funds may be applied to any semester as needed during the academic year for which it is awarded.
- 9. The Scholarship Committee members who review and score the applications shall have sole discretion in the selection of scholarship winners. Family members of the committee are not eligible to apply.
Mail Scholarships application and letters to:
Hill Country CattleWomen
2045 Hwy 473
Kendalia, TX 78027
If you have any questions, please Contact Us